January 2018 Educator of the month Jared Ropelato
- I always knew I wanted to work in the public sector and do something where I felt like I could make a difference and help people. My mother was a nurse and I always considered her profession noble. I became an educator because I had amazing educators when I was in high school. I considered them amazing because they could put up with me AND teach me!
- I really enjoy working with students in an environment where they are comfortable enough to take a shot and be wrong. We learn a lot from failure if we don’t let it shut us down. I also enjoy the sense of community and family within the Wood campus. There are little moments every day that make me thankful to be here.
- I have been in the district for 13 years. I student taught at Wood as a student of Montana State in 2004. I am fortunate to have worked here my entire career.
- In my spare time, what little there is with being Activities Director, I love to hike, hang out with my kiddos Jackson and Isabella, and photograph the natural landscape.
- It means that I know there are people who have my back and help me get through the tough times, like when I had my fall. It also means I have a sense of obligation to be there when I’m needed.