#RedForEd Day of Action
Thousands of educators and allies painted Sacramento and our Capitol #RedForEd and won a massive victory for students and public education (AB 1505 passed the Assembly floor!).
New Haven Educators on STRIKE!
Learn more about the historic strike (the longest one in recent history – today is Day 12 of the strike) and donate to their strike hardship fund if you can. You can share messages of support on social media, too. Any solidarity helps. Use the hashtags #WeAreNHTA and #ForOurStudents so educators on the strike line can see it!
#RedForEd on the 2020 California Ballot: Schools and Communities First
So important to have this CTA-endorsed initiative on your radar. The Schools and Communities First initiative will ensure that everyone pays their fair share by ending a decades-old loophole that has kept our students, schools and communities chronically underfunded. President Eric Heins said of the initiative: “Corporations have not only gotten an outrageous break at the expense of students and individual taxpayers, but many big companies have gamed the system to prevent fair reassessment when they transfer ownership of their properties.”
Learn more about the initiative here. More details and resources to come!
#RedForEd Shout-Outs & News
Cheers to every single educator fighting the good fight for our students! Here’s some recent #RedForEd news from around the Golden State (and our country):
- Spirits Not Dampened at #RedForEd Rally in Orange County
- Small and Mighty Vallecitos Educators Want Respect
- Cambrian School District Teachers Latest to Push for Pay Raise
- Huntington Beach teachers rally for a raise, after a school year with no new contract
- Jackie Goldberg returns to L.A. school board with resounding election win
- Oregon teachers walk out in red to press for school funding