The Human Rights Awards are given annually to members, chapters and service center councils to celebrate the diversity of racial equity and social justice work that CTA members create, challenge and participate in. The deadline to nominate is Jan. 7, 2022. Any active member, chapter, caucus or service center council may nominate in the following categories:
- African American Human Rights Award in Honor of Lois Tinson
- American Indian/Alaska Native Human Rights Award in Honor of Jim Clark
- César Chávez “Si Se Puede” Human Rights Award
- Pacific Asian American Human Rights Award
- Human Rights Award for LGBTQ+ Advocacy in Honor of Nancy Bailey
- Human Rights Award for Women’s Advocacy
- CTA Peace and Justice Human Rights Award
- CTA Member Human Rights Award
- Students with Exceptional Needs Human Rights Award
- CTA Chapter Human Rights Award
- CTA Service Center Council Human Rights Awards
For full category details and nomination form, go here.
ALSO: The deadline to nominate colleagues for the 2022 NEA Human and Civil Rights Awards has been extended to Jan. 17! Find categories and the nomination form here.