Retiring? Changing School Districts? Moving?

Retiring this school year?
You can continue a portion of your current, active CTA-endorsed Life Insurance from Standard Insurance Company (The Standard) if you maintain a CTA-NEA Retired Lifetime Membership and apply within 120 days of retirement. This is a limited-time opportunity. Apply now by calling The Standard’s CTA Customer Service Department which is listed below.

Changing school districts after this school year?
Your CTA-endorsed coverage from The Standard doesn’t transfer with you to your new district. To retain your coverage, you’ll need to reapply. You can do so with no health questions asked within 180 days of a district change or transfer. You may choose to continue your coverage at the current level or you can apply for new Disability Insurance coverage and up to $200,000 of Life Insurance if you would like to add or increase your coverage. To learn more or reapply, visit

Moving this summer? Call The Standard to update your home mailing address so we can keep our records up-to-date.

The Standard’s dedicated CTA Customer Service Department 
800-522-0406 (TTY)
7 a.m. – 6 p.m., Pacific Time, Monday through Friday

For pricing and further details of coverage such as any exclusions, limitations, reductions and benefit waiting periods, as well as the terms under which the policy may be continued in force, contact The Standard’s dedicated CTA Customer Service Department at 800-522-0406, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. 

Animated Social Media Icons by Acurax Wordpress Development Company