Recently, there has been a decision to end the DACA program. No matter what our political or personal beliefs are, we are united in providing a quality public education for all our children. Within the fours walls of our classrooms, we educate ALL students. We have an obligation to advocate for our students and be their voice. Following are some actions you can take to stand up for our kids.
- Press statement from NEA President Lily Eskelsen García on September 5th:
Video Statement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB2dgeqFvZU
- Take Action page: www.NEAEdJustice.org/daca
Please share action page widely with members, partners, and allies.
- Resources for educators and students including public guidance from NEA OGC (also attached) www.neaedjustice.org/daca-resources
Please share resources widely with members, partners, and allies.
- Sample Tweet(s) for you to lift on social media:
- As a public education ally I will continue to work so that ALL students can reach their dreams! #DefendDACAhttp://neaedjustice.org/daca/
- “We are Dreamers, we work hard, we contribute, we are devoted to this country.”http://educationvotes.nea.org/2016/12/15/undocumented–educator–realizesdream–teach–daca/ #DefendDACA
- Our voices are needed NOW to counter the hateful attacks on our students, teachers & community. #DefendDACA! http://neaedjustice.org/daca/