Disability insurance helps protect your paycheck if you’re unable to work due to injury, illness (including mental health conditions and substance abuse), pregnancy or childbirth. Benefits are paid directly to you and can be used for expenses health insurance doesn’t cover.
- Replaces up to 80%1 of your daily income2
- Starts paying benefits after you are out of work for 7 consecutive workdays3
- Covers any preexisting conditions once you are enrolled and work for 10 consecutive workdays
- Includes additional Student Loan and Cancer Benefits for eligible members
- Includes access to the NEW Summer Benefit4 provided by CTA