If members have experienced any of these events listed below within the last 60 days, they qualify for a family status change enrollment opportunity. That means they’re eligible to apply for CTA-endorsed Disability insurance and up to $200,000¹ of CTA-endorsed Life insurance from Standard Insurance Company (The Standard) without answering health questions.²
- Marriage, divorce or legal separation
- Initiation or dissolution of a domestic partner relationship
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Death of a spouse/domestic partner or child
- Commencement or termination of a spouse/domestic partner’s employment
- Change in employment from full-time to part-time by member or member’s spouse/domestic partner
Members can apply online at CTAMemberBenefits.org/TheStandard
1 Coverage reduces to 65% of the amount in force at age 70, 45% of the amount in force at age 75 and 30% of the amount in force at age 80. Offer not available to retirees.
2 If any previous application submitted with proof of good health was denied by The Standard, then proof of good health will be required.
For costs and further details of the coverage, including exclusions, benefit waiting periods, any reductions or limitations and the terms under which the policy may be continued in force, please contact Standard Insurance Company at 800.522.0406 (TTY). Standard Insurance Company, 1100 SW Sixth Avenue, Portland, OR 97204. GP190-LIFE/S399/CTA.3 GP190-LTD/S399/CTA.1