Submit your answers by 5:00 pm on Friday, January 18 for a chance to win some CTA swag and a mention in the next Insider.
The winner will be contacted next week
Did you know that active CTA Members automatically have two Life Insurance Policies? You can find out more about the CTA Death & Dismemberment Plan hereand the NEA Complimentary Life Plan here. Although these programs provide some benefits in the case of your death, you should consider purchasing additional life insurance. Check out the CTA Voluntary Group Life program offered by our partner,The Standard here. Representatives at The Standard will be happy to help you with your insurance needs.
- With Martin Luther King Jr., Day coming up on Monday, this would be an excellent time to visit NEA’s Human Rights Lesson Plan Library online.
- Consider applying (or encouraging a colleague to apply!) for CTA’s Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Scholarship Program. This scholarship encourages ethnic minority students to become educators, school nurses, school counselors or school therapists and to promote professional growth for ethnic minority teachers and ESP members. Deadline for applications is February 15, 2019.
- Get inspired by your fellow educators! Check out the latest California Educator Innovation Issue. This edition features inspiring and brilliant educators in California bringing innovative ideas and lesson plans to their classrooms.
- New must read report from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation: LGBTQ Youth Report. The report finds that many students are not receiving adequate support in their schools. The report also includes resources and guidelines for educators and administrators.
As conference season begins, we wanted to let everyone know what your union will reimburse when you attend a conference.
-Registration Fees for the conference (may be reimbursed prior to attending if needed*)
-Airfare (or mileage equivalent to economy airfare) for conferences far away (may be reimbursed prior to attending if needed*)
-Parking at venue and/or airport (if flying)
-Mileage to and from venue OR mileage to and from airport
-Round-trip shuttle between airport and venue
-Maximum of $80 per day is reimbursable
-When conference provides a meal, you may not be reimbursed for that meal
-When conference provides a partial day of meals, the breakdown of meal maximum reimbursement for meals not provided is as follows:
-Other travel charges, like bridge tolls
-$6 per day maximum in portage (tips for luggage handling, housekeeping, etc.)
* any pre-payments made shall be returned/paid back to VTA if the member does not attend the conference
If you’re traveling somewhere on VTA business and need only reimbursement for mileage, click here – short form