(Click on the picture if you can’t read it on your monitor.)
Please read and review the updated language below?
Questions? Share them in the comments!
Instruction AR 6152(a)
REQUEST FOR CHANGE OF CLASS ASSIGNMENT
The Governing Board believes the best way to achieve success in the classroom is through regular communication between the student, teacher, and parent. If there is a concern regarding a placement, the following procedures must be followed:
The Superintendent or designee requires the following steps be taken if and when issues between a student and his/her teacher arise:
1. Allow two weeks, at the start of the school year or grading period, for student to adjust to class.
2. Parent and/or student and teacher meet. Principals or counselors may facilitate this
3. Concerns should be communicated and explained.
4. Modifications should be explored.
5. A plan, including a timeline of at least three weeks, should be developed and implemented to resolve the concerns.
Exhibit 6152 outlines a plan for success. A copy of this plan, agreed upon by the parent and/or student and teacher, should be given to the student’s assigned administrator.
If an agreement cannot be reached or the plan implemented is not successful, a request for a class change should be directed to the site Principal. The class change may be honored provided subject level placement is available and the corresponding increase in enrollment in the receiving class is appropriate.
If and when a student is moved to another class, the receiving teacher will be given advanced notice, at least one school day, when possible to prepare for arrival of the new student.
The principal or designee may at any time make adjustments in class placement that he/she considers beneficial to the student or the educational program. However, if a change of student placement during the school year is being considered without the above steps being followed, a consultation with the Chief of Human Resources shall occur prior to the change.
Continue to enjoy your CTA/NEA member benefits which include:
- Legal consultation for retirement related issues, benefits, substitute employment and other concerns
- $1 Million Educators Liability Insurance
- Entertainment, travel and purchasing discounts for members and their families
- Continuing Insurance Plans – Auto, Home, Life, Long Term Care & more
- Home and personal loans and other financial services
Retiring now? You can join for only $4.50 per month deducted from your STRS Pension Check.
Use the form below to join. Already a member? Pass this along to a colleague